Friday, November 19, 2010

Free Knitted Catnip Mouse Pattern

Here is the pattern for my catnip mouse as promised. It is good for using up scraps of worsted weight yarns. There is no gauge. I used 3.5 mm needles. The mouse is knitted from nose to tail using stocking stitch throughout.

Cast on 2 sts

Body staring at nose

Row 1:  Increase in each stitch (4 sts)
Row 2:  Purl
Row3:  Increase in each stitch (8 sts)
Row4:  Purl
Row5:  Knit
Row6:  Purl
Row7:  (k1,inc. in next st) to end of row (12 sts) (eye position row)
Rows 8-12 knit even
Row 13: Increase in each stitch (24 sts) (ear position row)
Rows 14-24: knit even
Row 25: (k1, k2tog) to end of rwo (16 sts)
Row 26: Purl
Row 27: k2tog across and cast off

Ears

Cast on 4 sts for bottom of ear.
K 1 row, Purl 1 row
Increase in every stitch (8 sts)
Next 4 rows continue in st. st.
Next purl 2 tog. across
Next k 2tog across and cast off

Note: the wrong side is the inside of the ear so it faces the front. It will curl in a bit like a "real" ear

Tail

I crochet a chain the length I want the tail to be using the yarn doubled

Sew and stuff. Add catnip if you wish. I wrap some stuffing around a pinch of catnip to hold it in place.
I simply stitch on the nose and eyes. If you want whiskers, lay 2 or 3 short pieces of yarn on top where the nose will be and sew them in place. This creates the nose at the same time.

Let me know if the pattern doesn't make sense or if you have any questions. This is the first time I tried to write out one of my patterns for others to use. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. It's much easier writing it down for my own use. I hope you will enjoy making this mouse pattern. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment