Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Simple Knitted Doll


Today I have a simple knitted doll. A good pattern for beginners to make. It is easy with just the basic stitches. Knit, purl, increase and decrease. The face is just a few quick stitches but you can use felt pieces for the features. Beads or googly eyes. The hair is a yarn 'wig' which can be sewn or glued on.

I first made this pattern as a frustration doll for a gift and also wrote a funny poem to go with it. It was for the same person who I gave the voodoo doll to. I will post the pattern and poem next Tuesday. I need to write it out so it makes sense first. The way I write out the patterns when I am developing them won't make sense to anyone else. Heck, if it's a pattern I haven't worked on for a few months it takes me some time to remember what the cryptic notes and doodles are supposed to represent.

My next projects will take me away from dolls and toys for awhile. Felted bags, recycled jewelry and fashion doll clothes and accessories are next on my list.







No comments:

Post a Comment