Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Recycling Jewelry

Hi. We're not having much of a spring here in Cobalt yet. Yesterday morning we had not only snow but freezing rain and rain. All within a few hours. YUK! Today it is snowing off and on. Hello, Spring! Yoohoo! Did you forget us?

I love thrift stores. You never know what you can find. My favorite things to look for are jewelry. Sometimes you find a necklace with really awesome closures, especially the older pieces. Or the necklace is not very nice but there are some beautiful beads in it. Or like I'll show you today there are earrings that can be recycled for embellishments. And, yes, sometimes I find jewelry that I will wear as is.


Here are some of the large earrings in my collection that I will use as embellishments on felted bags or that will become part of a new item of jewelry. Some will be used to cover up the closure like I did on the felted bag I showed you earlier. 

These earrings can be taken apart and sewn on a bag or other item using the hole where the jump ring was holding the two pieces together.

Same with these ones. They are easy to recycle.

And I think they will look prettier being recycled on a felted bag, for example, than as earrings.


Here is a wee felted bag with an old brooch that I discovered in the thrift store. You're limited only by your imagination. Any piece of jewelry can be recycled. Even broken pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment