Monday, May 2, 2011

Knitted Bumble Bee

Hi everybody. Just a quick post today to show you the first in a line of knitted insects. Today I have a cute knitted bumble bee. It didn't turn out as nicely as I hoped, but, hey! one learns from ones mistakes. The next critter will be better and I will make an improved version of the bumble bee as well. Check back in a few days.


The wings were fussy to make. I stiffened them with diluted tacky glue and when that didn't quite work the way I wanted I used clear fingernail polish.

The legs were stiffened with glue and the antennas with clear nail polish. But they were way harder to attach than I expected. Argh! And all the parts are not exactly placed either. It seemed so simple on paper lol.

The next ones will be better. I came up with alternate ways to do the wings, legs and antennas. Hope they turn out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment