Monday, May 9, 2011

Knitted Black Fly

Hi all!  Well spring has finally come to Cobalt. Yay!  The weather is perfect and if I had my way it would stay like this until fall.

Here is the black fly I mentioned last Monday. I always tell everyone that the black flies up here have teeth as they can really chew the heck out of you. Then until the bites heal it looks like you have some kind of nasty skin disease. Oh they're terrible little toothed beasties for certain.

For the black fly wings I used this sparkly yarn. The body was knitted with a slightly fuzzy yarn which I thought was black when I started knitting and I didn't realize until I was finished that it was a very dark blue.

I used the same pattern as I did for the bumble bee wings and  stiffened them with tacky glue. This time I sewed the two wings together before I attached them.The legs are simply lengths of yarn run through the bottom and stiffened with clear nail polish. Two little beady eyes and the teeth completed the black fly. I hope you enjoy this little critter. See you all next Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment